Happy valentine’s day gaiz! 😀
I’m sooo tired cuz I spent the night before baking cookies for Mitch. He looooves famous amos cookies, so I tried looking for a recipe that’s similar to their cookies. It was mentioned that the recipe I found tasted 80% similar to famous amos cookies, but when I baked it, it didn’t taste very much like it at all D’: maybe I had too high expectations lol.
It’s been awhile since I’ve baked, because our oven spoilt and was thrown away a long time ago, but my younger sis recently bought a new oven…so I’m excited to be able to have the option of ‘Bake’ in my cooking list again (as if i’m a sim)!!!
- 2 ½ cup (300 g) self-raising flour
- 8 oz. (250 g) unsalted butter – softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup (150 g) dark brown sugar
- ½ cup (113 g) caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp coffee oil / emulsion
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (25 g) instant oats – grind to powder in blender/food processor
- ¼ cup (25 g) ground almond powder
- 1¼ cup (220 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat the egg with coffee emulsion and vanilla extract in a small bowl, cover with cling wrap and let it infuse for at least 2 hours or overnight in fridge. Bring to room temperature before to use.
- Preheat oven to 160°C/320°F. Beat the softened butter, salt and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add in egg mixture, ground oats and ground almond. Mix well. Pour in the chocolate chips and mix until well distributed. Lastly, sift in the flour and fold into the mixture.
- For small cookies – use a small teaspoon and scoop the dough. Drop the dough onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place them slightly apart and bake for 20 mins or until golden brown.
- For large cookies – use a tablespoon and scoop the dough. Follow the same steps above and bake for 27 – 30 mins or until golden brown.
- Once they are done, place them on a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in air tight containers. They actually taste even better the next day as the flavors develop further.
I got the recipe from here!
Even though they didn’t turn out as I hoped, I’m glad that Mitch really loved them!! He was surprised that I made cookies cause I’ve never talked about baking before lolol. They’re really unhealthy though (1 whole stick of butter and crazy amount of sugar. Was also slightly too salty for me), gotta buy some cooling/herbal drinks for him to counter these cookies too.
(I’m so proud of the gall bladder that I drew hehe…it’s holding cookies instead of stones!)
Actually, the above cookies are the successful last few batches. The first two batches burnt to oblivion, so I wasted half the entire batter ;_ ;
Here’s how the failed ones looked like LOL: (i think i could make a montage for everything I made that ended up looking like that)
These were the only ones I could salvage from the first 2 batches ;- ; thank goodness the last few batches turned out fine!
As for Mitch, he made me a…(ok let me take it out of the fridge to copy what we wrote word for word)…”mandarin infused black and white chocolate walnut popcorn with a dash of cinnamon and peanut powder“.
LOL. Yup, just let that sink in. Mandarin. Dark chocolate. White chocolate. Walnut. Cinnamon. Peanut..powder. It’s like he threw together everything he thinks I like (and he likes) and just made this confetti popcorn hahahaha. That’s really creative and so him. It was quite tasty though! It reminded me of all the different popcorn flavors that’d be sold around DisneySea in Japan! There’d be curry popcorn, chocolate popcorn, etc…
He also got me the pink rose which is apparently preserved (what the person told him)…so I don’t know if keeping it in a vase would be useful. If it’s preserved is it still alive? o. o and how long will it last?? /unknowedgableonflowers
Today, I went for vocal lesson in the morning, which was great (except my throat kinda hurts from trying to reach all kinds of crazy notes and not giving up). Completed one patient for data collection after that, and we had shabu shabu @ shabu sai for dinner!
We also walked home from there (about 20-30mins stroll I guess?) cause the weather was reallyyyyy cooling (it was kind of drizzling slightly), only about 21 degrees with lots of wind! *- *
It was a great night, with nice food, nice walk, nice singing, nice gifts and nice feelings! :’D Thank youuuu.